Got my insurance statement today for the test I had a couple of weeks ago. The one my doctor quoted would be like $892 if my insurance doesn't pay. Of course I called my insurance prior to the test to find out and apparently they cannot tell you what will be covered prior to getting billed by the Dr.? What? Does that make ANY sense? Stupid. So I went into expecting to have to pay but hoping I wouldn't.
Back to the point....They covered most of it. HOORAY! Here's what ticks me off though. The Dr. submitted charges for like $800 and some change....it was all broken up into costs for labs, surgery, Dr. services ect... Im not going to do the exact math. Well, Insurance only "allowed" them to charge $198 for the surgery, $12 for labs, and $62 for the Dr. services. So that's a whopping $272. Of that I have to pay $130 which compared to almost $900 is great. But WTF!? They would have made me pay 3x what my insurance "allowed" if they didn't cover it. So not only is the company that I pay $60 a month for insurance going to make me pay half of their "allowed" coverage, they got a 60% discount! Un-fucking real! Our country's healthcare coverage is fucked!
That's my vent. LOL. But, I am happy that I only have to pay $130! Thank GOD for that!
p.s. I should be starting my new job any day now! Horray for getting out of the house again!!!
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment