It's been too long since I wrote. I fear this may be a long blog. Fair warning.
Brad and I went to Michigan to visit his dad and step-mom over the labor day weekend. Lets just say that visits to his family or from his family aren't so much at the top of my list of things I really want to do for.a.really.good.reason.
First there was the ever so amusing and super fun 12 hour drive listening to my husband's selection of music. That was followed by my really nice step-mom-in-law yelling at me (literally) for trying to help her do the dinner dishes. Really? That was followed by me over hearing her say "thank God they don't have kids" to her sister. Not that she meant "thank God we don't have kids" but like "thank God we don't have kids just this one time cause it would be super hard to carry all the stuff we had" as she later explained to me. Cause that explanation made it so much better that those words came out of her mouth IN.FRONT.OF.ME. The trip ended with her sitting back and encouraging all the guys to go play golf on Sunday and then later telling me she'd be at church so I would have to make do alone without a vehicle or an the slightest idea of where the HELL I am. Oh that's right, I am in HELL.
There was one bright spot and that is that I got to meet two of the girls from my online chats. They are so super nice and I really had a great time. Till I got back to the step-monster's house and got schooled like a big fat 16yr old for coming home at midnight and oh she can't sleep till all her kids are home. Seriously, I am almost 30 and not your child. Fuck off. But before that I had SO much fun and it was so nice to for just one time to absolutely be myself and not just to smile and pretend even though this deep dark pain exists. Thanks Girls!
Next blog is about a really fun time I had this week when one of my not so close now but used to be close friends got all up in my business like it was her's or something.
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

1 comments:
You definitely have to write more often. this is the only chance I get to hear about you. I really would love to actually talk with you more but I will make do with what I have. By the way, I had a miscarriage last week. It still isn't easy to go through, even after you have one. I know it does not compare to your struggle but I knew you could empathize with that moment when you realize it isn't going to happen.I miss you!!
Post a Comment