CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Trigger Test

Every month I get what is known to us infertiles as the "trigger" shot. This is basically a shot of HCG (pregnancy hormone) that somehow or another forces our bodies to ovulate within a 36 hour period. Or so we hope. The Dr.s tell us this is so. Well, the thing with the trigger is that it can show up on a pregnancy test and give you a false positive. So, you have to be really careful about testing before the trigger shot has left your system. False positives in the infertile world are like tornadoes hitting your home. Ok. Not good.

So, I decided to do a test to see about when the trigger leaves my system. Its different for everyone and they say it can have some to do with body weight. I started the test on the 9th day AFTER my trigger shot. It was a faint faint line. I also forgot that morning and peed when I got up so it wasn't done with FMU (first morning urine) which is the most potent stuff. Supposedly. 10 days past the trigger, with FMU...still a faint faint line. Then I skipped day 11 because I was running low on tests. So today, 12 days past trigger, with FMU.....no line. So, I apparently run on the long end of trigger absorption. Fabulous. A lot of people I know get negative results by 9 days past trigger. The end.

0 comments: