I know it's been forever but I started back at work and well I really literally have no time to myself. I am making a point to post about this because it frustrates me and while I am so incredibly blessed to have a tiny miracle sitting next to me...it brings back all of those feelings of infertility that cursed me for so many years.
Last night I got home from work...kissed my munchkin and opened up the mail. In the mail was a letter from our insurance company addressed to me. My husband is the primary person who carries the insurance so it was a little odd since most of the stuff comes in his name. Anyway...I open the letter and start to read and it says that they periodically do a medication review and noticed that I had been prescribed one or more of the following drugs...then it listed every fertility drug under the sun (even progesterone!). It went on to say that effective January 1, 2011 all of these medications will need prior approval and that anyone under the age of 50 using these drugs for Assisted Reproduction of any kind will be denied coverage. WTF!? Really...anyone under 50? Because if you are 50 and need to get pregnant...that's cool. I mean..don't get me wrong anyone who is 50 and still struggling should be afforded any chance available but what makes me mad is they did that on purpose because not many 50 year olds are still trying to get pregnant.
So again, I am incredibly blessed to have had my medications covered and that I was able to conceive and safely deliver my little man. I am in no way ready to try for another one but it does make me sad that when we want to it may be more of a struggle financially next time around. It also makes me sad that there are many women out there who are still trying who just received the same letter and only have 2 months notice that their meds will no longer be covered. Jerks.
I will leave you with a picture of my little man since it would be a crime not to share his cuteness. Thanks for listening and I will try to get on here more often ;-)
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment