I had my appt with the new RE on Wednesday. I was so nervous. I cried all morning. I don't know why. I think it was anxiety. I was just nervous about talking about my loss, my problems and all that. I just can't believe it got to this point where I had to seek out a 2nd opinion.
The appt went nothing how I expected. I had heard she was very blunt and there were some not so nice comments about her on the internet but she has THE BEST success rates so what are ya going to do!? Suck it up and deal with it. I was pleasantly surprised when I met her. She is blunt but not in a mean way...and she's funny. Which I love love love funny people and I think its great that she makes the situation lighter.
She basically said that I obviously have a little bit of a problem with annovulation. She doesn't think its extreme since I do get AF every month and most months on time. I do have a few cycles per year that are on the longer side (40is days) so that indicates a problem.
DH on the other hand has a problem. Its not a "new" problem but it wasn't ever explained to us correctly and was brushed off as insignificant. He has a high semen volume. Meaning...too much fluid. He has a high sperm count (170mil) and good motility (72%)but the extra seminal fluid dilutes the sperm and my body basically washes them out with the fluid. Perfect. She said we can get around it with IUI or IVF. It's not impossible to get pregnant on our own but the success rates are like less than 1% a month.
The plan is IUI with injectibles for this month. YAY!! This month marks 1yr since my last pregnancy so its nice to be making progress hopefully. First I have to have bloodwork and then a saline sonogram to make sure I don't have scarring from the loss. She also put me on Metformin to hopefully regulate my cycles a little better and sustain any future pregnancies.
So, I am cautiously optimistic that we will be able to have children with her assistance. I am glad that there is something that we can blame it on...since for the most part we didn't have a clear answer.
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

2 comments:
Congrats on the appointment! It's always a great feeling when you find that one doctor you trust and are finally happy with.
I hope you won't need her much longer! :)
Thanks so much for your comment! That is one heck of a success story :) If I had only known it was a miracle drug, I would have been bathing in it all these months, lol!
I'm really pulling for you this month! God Bless!
Post a Comment