I haven't been there..to Dreamland in at least 3 weeks now. Maybe longer...I really have lost track.
A few weeks ago we attempted a transfer of the weee little peanut18lb Six Month Old drool Monster into his OWN crib. I knew there would be hiccups. I did not know that 3 weeks later I would still be sleeping on a mattress on the nursery floor in 1 or 2 hour increments. Fail.
He was sleeping GREAT in his Bassinet in our room. He was getting up once around the 5-6 hour mark to eat and going RIGHT back down for another 4-5 hours. Life was good. and then that husband of mine kicked him out (for his own good he says). And with the baby...went me...because that baby...WONT sleep!
He goes down just fine but OH the NIGHT WAKING. The "brief awakenings" as they are called. They get him (and me) every damn time. We are working on changing things up during the day..more play...more solid food., better nap schedule in hopes that we can turn this boat around because it is headed straight for an ICEBERG.
In other news...I turned 29 which is the age I will be for the rest of my life ;-) It was pretty uneventful. I am watching a good friend's 2 month old twice a week so I had him and my husband stayed home from work. So it was just us and the babies. He made me breakfast, I opened presents and at dinner there was corned beef and cabbage and chocolate mousse...yummy!
I will leave you with a couple of pictures...
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment